You can collaborate on multiple sites with the same group of people by adding sites to a team. This feature is available on all paid plans. (Check our pricing page for details.)
Create a team
To create a new team, click the user/team dropdown in the upper left corner of the app. (This will show either your name, or the name of another team you belong to.) Select Create a new team.
Choose a name for your team, then pick a plan.
For more details on plan features, visit the pricing page.
Review your team information, enter your payment information, and select Create team.
Manage team members
To view a team’s members, select the team from the user/team dropdown in the upper left corner, then select the Members tab.
If you’re a team Owner, you can invite new members to the team by selecting the Add members button in the upper right.
Enter one or more email addresses, and select a role for these new members. The available roles have the following permissions:
|View and edit site settings||✔️||✔️|
|Delete or transfer sites||✔️|
|Add or remove members||✔️|
|Modify member roles||✔️|
|Modify billing information||✔️||✔️|
|Change team plan||✔️||✔️|
|Delete the team||✔️|
*Collaborators require a Pro plan or higher. Billing Admins require a Business plan or higher.
Owners can edit team member’s roles or remove members directly from the member list:
Note that every team must have at least one owner. You cannot remove or demote yourself unless there is an additional owner on the team.
Create a new team site
You can create a new site from the team Sites list. Select the team from the user/team dropdown in the upper left corner, then select the Sites tab.
To create a site with Continuous Deployment and enable the full power of Netlify, select the Create a site from Git button in the upper right corner. Then follow the steps to connect to your Git provider (GitHub, GitLab, or Bitbucket) and select a site repository. When you reach the site configuration step, be sure to select the team from the dropdown in the Team Up! section.
To create a site via Drag and Drop, drag a site folder or zip file anywhere onto the team’s site list. The site will begin to upload and deploy immediately.
Transfer a site to a team
You can transfer any site to a team from the site’s Settings page. To get there, select your name from the user/team dropdown in the upper left corner to see all sites you have access to. Select the site from the list, and you’ll arrive at the Settings page.
At the bottom of the page, select the team from the Owner dropdown. You may also choose to create a new team from this dropdown.
Warning! Transferring a site to a new team may affect site administrators, features, or pricing. This varies depending on the current site settings and the plan level of the team you’re transferring to, so be sure to read the in-app warnings carefully.
Here are some general rules to keep in mind:
- Site administrators on personal or legacy sites will be removed when transferred to a team. Be sure to add desired collaborators to the team before transferring the site.
- Teams charge per user, not per site. If you’re creating a new team to transfer a legacy or personal site, be sure to account for all site administrators you wish to transfer over when calculating your costs. Remember that once you create the team, you can transfer an unlimited number of sites to it with no added cost.
- Password protection is available for teams with a Pro plan or higher. If you’re using password protection on the site, be sure the receiving team plan is compatible, or remove the site password before transferring. (If you do not remove the password, it will remain on the site, but you won’t be able to edit or remove it without help from support.)
- If you’re transferring between teams, check the plan level for each team and compare their features and pricing. If the transfer results in a downgrade, you will lose settings for the features you lose.
- Legacy Global sites use a dedicated CDN, and require special handling for transfer. If you’re considering canceling a Global plan or transferring a Global site to a team, contact support so we can guide you through the process and avoid any interruptions in service.
Netlify keeps a log of actions made by members of your team so you can keep track of what changes were made, when, and by whom. This feature is available to teams on our Business and Enterprise plans.
To view a team’s audit log, select the team from the user/team dropdown in the upper left corner, then select the Audit Log tab.
Viewing more than the last 5 entries in Audit Log requires a Business plan or higher.
Log entries are broken up into three action categories:
- Split Testing
Searching Audit Logs
Searching Audit Logs requires a Business plan or higher.
To search a team’s audit logs, provide a scoped search term and press enter or click the magnifying glass icon in the search field.
Searches require a
scope: prefix. The following search scopes are available:
site:example- search all logs pertaining to a particular site name as listed on the site settings page
domain:example.com- search all logs pertaining to a particular domain
author:example- search all logs for a particular person performing the log action
Notice something is incorrect or outdated?
First off, great eye! We appreciate your discovery and want to ensure it gets addressed immediately. Please let us know here.