News & Announcements
Next.js on Netlify: Latest update introduces complete support for ISR, now with revalidate
Today we’re excited to announce an update to Next.js on Netlify which introduces full support for Incremental Static Regeneration (ISR) including revalidation! This announcement is important for Next.js developers who want to not only benefit from faster build times but also regenerate content.
Here’s everything new for Next.js on Netlify
The Essential Next.js plugin makes Next.js on Netlify just work out of the box. The latest version includes:
- Complete support for Incremental Static Regeneration (ISR) including revalidation
- Full support for Next.js rewrites, redirects and headers
- Experimental support for Next.js 12 Middleware in beta
- More efficient builds and deploys, using fewer functions per site
- A new high-performance image server for next/image based on Nuxt’s ipx project and On-demand Builders
- Full support for the latest version of Netlify’s On-demand Builders (now in General Availability) that introduces global persistence and support for time to live (TTL)
- Simplified configuration, including better support for monorepos
- Removed requirement for target = serverless, which has been deprecated in Next.js 12
- Faster builds using Next.js node-file-trace
This version of the plugin will auto-install for all new Next.js on Netlify projects moving forward, and is also available to install manually.
Check out the release notes and the documentation for Next.js deployment on Netlify.
Start building with Next.js on Netlify today!
Ready to try out the latest version of Next.js on Netlify? Deploy a starter template or update the version in a current project.
Feedback from developers like you is exactly why we were able to ship these exciting updates today. We’d love to hear from you! You can send us comments directly on this Github repo or head over to answers.netlify.com to start a thread.