- Automatically deploy Inngest functions to Netlify’s platform.
Inngest's platform acts as an event hub and a job scheduler that securely calls your Netlify functions when specified events are received. Additionally, you can specify a cron-schedule and Inngest will call your code on whatever interval you configure.
Inngest’s dashboard provides a full history of events received, which of these events triggered functions to run and complete logs of every function run so you can easily debug issues in your code that runs in the background.
Keeping API Functions & Edge Functions fast
- Ensure that API functions return to your users as fast as possible by triggering events and running code in as background tasks. Long operations like backfilling or processing of data or images don’t need to run during an API request.
Build reliable webhooks
- Inngest can act as a layer to efficiently and more reliably handle webhook events (e.g. Stripe, Slack) with full observability.
User Journey Automation
- Use key user journey events like user.signup to run code in the background to automate tasks like welcome emails, sending data to tools like Intercom, or create user activation email campaigns.
- Trigger scripts to run on-demand from tools like Retool or via Slackbots using events.