Terms of Service Agreement
You (the “User”), by using, accessing, or attempting to interact with, Netlify, or other Netlify software, services, websites, or any of their licensees services or software (collectively “Services”), agree to be bound and abide by the terms and conditions of this Agreement with Netlify.
- You agree that the Services, which includes all software and documentation, both electronic or printed media, contain copyrighted material, trade secrets, patent pending material, and other proprietary intellectual property. The Services are the proprietary property of Netlify. They are protected by copyright, trade secret, and patent laws, and other proprietary rights and laws, and they may only be used or accessed as specifically provided for in this Agreement.
- You agree that you will only use the Services if you are a person over 13 years of age.
- You agree that you will not store, copy, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, transfer, transmit, display, reverse engineer, reverse assemble, or otherwise attempt to discover any programming code used in or with the Services. You may not sell, assign, sublicense, grant a security interest in or otherwise attempt to transfer any right in the Services (which includes its software and documentation), create derivative works based on or in any manner commercially exploit the Services, in whole or in part. (For open-source see below).
- You agree that violations by you, any other person or entity, of these copyrights, trade secrets, patents, other intellectual property protections, or the terms of this Agreement will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law in the federal and state courts located in San Francisco.
- The Services are offered on an “as is” basis and used by the User solely at his or her own risk. All user-specific information provided by user in connection with Services shall be used to provide services and features to the user and to maintain the associated websites.
- Netlify does not allow any of the following content, or links to such content, to be published on the Service on:
- Content of an illegal nature (including stolen copyrighted material).
- Pirated software sites, including cracking programs or cracking program archives.
- Content with the sole purpose of causing harm or inciting hate, or content that could be reasonably considered as slanderous or libelous.
- Users posting any of the above content on their sites will be notified using User’s current email address on file. Normally a grace period of 48 hours to make corrective actions will be given, but User risks immediate account suspension, if Netlify deems this necessary. A violation of this policy or this Agreement, can lead to cancellation of service with no refund.
- In addition, Netlify does not allow any of the following:
- Users may not use the Service as a remote storage server only.
- Except where intended as via the API and CLI, and services such as integrations and search engines, users may not access the Service through automated methods. Use of robots or other computer code which calls the Service, except where explicitly allowed, is absolutely forbidden.
- Users must exercise caution when hosting large downloads (>10MB). Netlify reserves the right to refuse to host any large downloadable files. Users may not send unsolicited messages (also known as junk mail or SPAM) to promote any website published on the Service.
- Users deemed to be using Netlify solely as a remote storage server will have their account immediately terminated and will have all files associated with their account permanently removed.
- The final choice of whether an account is in violation of any of these policies is at the sole discretion of Netlify.
- Violation of any of these policies may result in tracking information being stored to identify the offending user, and permanent restriction from holding an account on the Service.
Netlify’s free plans are made available by Netlify as a favor to the community. While we always make any effort to communicate clearly and well in advance if we decide a site is not a good fit for our free plan, we reserve the full right to disable or remove any site on Netlify’s free tier without notice at our sole discretion.
Quota & Limits
Netlify has certain soft and hard limits in using its service. Hard limits are automatically enforced by the Service. Soft limits are consumable resources that the User agrees not to exceed. The limits are as follows unless otherwise contractually agreed upon.
For paid accounts:
- Network bandwidth: 1TB/month - Soft
- Storage: 1TB - Soft
- API requests: 500 requests/minute, 3 deploys/minute* - Hard
For free accounts:
- Network Bandwidth: 100GB/month - Soft
- Storage: 100GB - Soft
- API requests: 500 requests/minute, 3 deploys/minute* - Hard
Use of other Netlify Services
Netlify DNS or AWS functions are strictly for use with sites deployed to Netlify. It is expressly allowed to have DNS records within your zone pointing to non-Netlify resources, but we expect that all zones you host with Netlify also have at least one hostname hosted by Netlify, and all functions hosted by Netlify are called primarily by a website hosted on our service.
Custom contracts may have exceptions to this rule, but all accounts without custom contracts, Paid or Free, are subject to it.
User agrees to either a one (1) month or twelve (12) month contract agreement with Netlify.
- User can opt to upgrade or downgrade their service agreement to any other contract agreement that Netlify is currently offering for sale at any time during User’s contract term.
- At the end of the contract term, the contract will automatically renew indefinitely until explicitly cancelled by the User. Cancellation must be issued via the User’s website Manager interface or via Netlify’s support addresses. Any cancellation issued via the customer’s website Manager interface must be done at least one (1) day prior to the end of the contract term. Any cancellation not issued via the website Manager interface must be done ten (10) days prior to the end of the contract term to allow for adequate processing time.
Chargeback / Refund Policy
Netlify will not, under any circumstances, issue cash refunds for early contract cancellation.
- If you have a question about charges made to your account, please contact us immediately. If the charges were made in error, we will immediately credit your account or credit card account for the appropriate amount.
- Netlify has a zero tolerance policy for chargebacks. Any customer who disputes a credit card payment that is found to be valid will be permanently blacklisted and barred from use of the Service. Any past due fees and costs will be sent to collections. If our collection efforts fail, unpaid debts will be reported to all available credit reporting agencies.
- If a account is suspended for violation of Terms, Netlify is not obligated to provide a refund, and will do so solely at its discretion.
Temporary Use License Granted
- Only for the duration of being logged into the User’s valid Netlify account, the User is hereby granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable temporary license, subject to the terms and qualifications of this Agreement, to use the Services only on the single computer that temporarily accesses the Services directly from the Netlify website.
- A valid Netlify account may only be created and maintained by a User who fully provides valid personal information about the User in the signup process. To maintain a valid account, the User must regularly update such information to assure its accuracy, and the User must always comply with the terms of this Agreement.
- The User is not granted a license or any other right to store any of the Services (including any portion of the software or documentation) on any computer or other device, or copy or otherwise use such information to create derivative works. (For opensource services see below)
Material and Products
- Netlify, and its Partners provide Services on an “as is” basis. Netlify, shall make no effort to validate any information provided by the User for use with Services for content, correctness or usability.
- Use of Netlify services requires a certain level of knowledge in the use the Internet and World Wide Web. The User is required to have the necessary knowledge to use the Internet and the World Wide Web.
- It is not the responsibility of Netlify to provide free support for the User in the use and operation of Netlify.
- Only services and features clearly indicated as “free” or “no charge” are free or without charge. All other applications, features, functionality and support provided by Netlify, and its partners are provided for a fee and the User is liable for such fees.
- The User may not decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, copy, create a derivative work, or display the Software code in human readable form, or otherwise use the Services (which includes its software and documentation) except as explicitly provided for in this agreement.
Netlify Etiquette and Privacy
- Electronic forums such as mail distribution lists and news groups all have expectations regarding subject area and appropriate etiquette for posting. Users of these forums should be considerate of the expectations and sensitivities of others on the network when posting material for electronic distribution.
- The network resources of the Netlify may not be used to impersonate another person or misrepresent authorization to act on behalf of others or Netlify
- All messages transmitted via Netlify should correctly identify the sender; Users may not alter the attribution of origin in electronic mail messages or posting.
- All users shall not attempt to undermine the security or integrity of computing systems or networks of Netlify, its Partners, or those accessed through or with their product, and must not attempt to gain unauthorized access.
- Netlify reserves the right to terminate any account that does not include a valid email address on file. This email address must be stored in the profile for the administrative account within User’s website on the Netlify system.
Age and Nature of the User
- The User certifies that he or she is a person at least 13 years of age.
- The Service may only be used or accessed through an electronic device under the manual control of User at all times.
- Netlify shall not be liable for any taxes or other fees to be paid in accordance with or related to purchases made from or by the User or through the Netlify services.
- The User takes full responsibility for all taxes and fees of any nature associated with Services used or products purchased.
- Services provided to or used by the User may only be for lawful purposes.
- Transmission, storage, copying, or modifying any material or other actions by User in violation of any Federal, State or Local regulation is prohibited.
- This includes material legally judged to be threatening or obscene, profane, or material protected by trade secrets.
- This also includes, but is not limited to, material protected by copyright, trade secret, or any other statute, threatening material, or obscene material.
- Users are prohibited from using Netlify for the propagation, distribution, housing, processing, storing, or otherwise handling any material in any way which Netlify deems, in its sole discretion, to be objectionable. This also includes links or any connection to such materials. The designation of any materials as such described above is left entirely to the discretion of the Netlify management.
- The subscriber agrees to indemnify and hold harmless and defend Netlify from any claims resulting from the User’s use or User’s allowed use by others of the Services which damages either Netlify its officers, its employees, its directors, its partners, or another party or parties.
- User shall defend, indemnify, save and hold Netlify (including, its agents, its clients, its servants, officers, directors and employees) harmless from any and all demands, liabilities, losses, costs and claims, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, (“Liabilities”) asserted against them, that may arise or result from any service provided or performed or agreed to be performed or any product used or sold by or to User, its agents, employees or assigns.
- User shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless Netlify (including, its agents, its clients, its servants, officers, directors and employees) against any and all Liabilities caused directly or indirectly the User or any person who User allows to access the Services.
- Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall Netlify (including, its agents, its clients, its servants, officers, directors and employees) or any one else involved in creating, producing or distributing Netlify services be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from the use of or inability to use the Netlify service; or that results from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files, errors, defects, delays in operation, or transmission or any failure of performance, whether or not limited to acts of God, communication failure, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to Netlify records, programs or services. This paragraph shall apply to all content and functionality of Netlify Service.
- Notwithstanding the above, User’s exclusive remedies for all damages, losses and causes of actions whether in contract, tort including negligence or otherwise, shall not exceed the aggregate dollar amount which User paid directly to Netlify during the current month.
- Such limitations shall apply to Netlify’s total liability, including without limitation any liability for damages caused or allegedly caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation of transmission, communications failure, theft of destruction of or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of records, whether for breach of contract, tortuous behavior, negligence, or under any other cause of action.
Trademarks and Copyrights
- User warrants that it has the right to use the any trademarks, processes, or other materials it uses with the Services, if any.
- User warrants that its content does not infringe any third party copyrights or patents.
Service Reliability and Warranties
- Netlify makes no warranties or representations of any kind, whether expressed or implied for the Services.
- User’s use of Netlify services are at User’s sole risk. Neither Netlify its employees, directors, affiliates, agents, third party information providers, merchants licensers or the like, warrant that Netlify service will not be interrupted or error free; nor do they make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of the Services or as to the accuracy, reliability or content of any information service or merchandise contained in or provided through the Netlify Service, unless otherwise expressly stated in this Agreement or a seperate Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Netlify also disclaims any warranty of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose and will not be responsible for any damages that may be suffered by the User, or viewers and users of User’s materials, including loss of data resulting from delays, non-deliveries or service interruptions by any cause or errors or omissions of the Client. Use of any information obtained by way of Netlify is at the User’s own risk, and Netlify specifically denies any responsibility for the accuracy or quality of information obtained through its services.
- Under no circumstances will Netlify bear any responsibility for any damages arising as a consequence of any unavailability of services, unless a SLA contract exists between User and Netlify.
Contract Revisions and Applicable Legal Jurisdiction
Revisions to this Agreement will be applicable to previous version of this Agreement. Revisions will be considered agreed to by the User continuing to use of or access the Services in any way.
Netlify reserves all rights for changes and/or modifications to the Services and rates and will communicate these changes to the subscriber within 30 days of their effect.
This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding of the parties, and is agreed to being entered into in the State of California
This Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California and no party shall object to removal or prosecution of any litigation to a federal or state court in California
- This Service may be terminated by either party, without cause, by giving the other party 10 days written notice.
- Notwithstanding the above, Netlify may terminate Services at any time, without penalty and without notice, if the User fails to comply with any of the terms of this Agreement or the intellectual property protections applicable to these Services. Netlify may also seek legal prosecution of any violations of law or this Agreement and the User agrees to personal jurisdiction by the Courts in the State of California
- Upon notice of termination of Services by Netlify to User via contact e-mail to User’s Services account and contact e-mail account provided in User’s personal information, or voluntary termination of service by User, Netlify has the right to delete all data, files, or other information that is stored in the User’s account for any reason.